Law Lane (Howgate, Pinnar Lane etc.. as far as Whitley Lane).
Marsh Farm in the centre and Law Hill House is bottom right
Observatory watch tower was used by scientific gentlemen in the nineteenth century and was situated in Pinnar Lane. The cottages are still there but the tower was demolished in the late 1960's.
Spring Hall with Twinge House to the left
Halifax Daily Courier and Guardian June 12th 1930
Who Could Have Thought It
The site of 'Who Could'a Thowt It'
return to Southowram Blog Page 6
Advance to Southowram Blog Page 8