Round House, Luddenden Foot, West Yorkshire.
The Round House was mentioned in the 1891 Census, when a farm labourer was recorded as living here. Oral tradition describes the house as home to a man with a donkey, being employed to bring in the cloth from the tenter-frames (stretching and drying frames) when the weather changed. There were tenter fields on either side of the Rochdale Canal in this area. It may have been part of the Stansfield Estate, the Hall and Lodge being nearby. Is the Hall depicted top right?
The Round House has since been demolished - date of demolition unknown. The foundations are still visible near the slip road to Tenterfields Business Park.