Salem Methodist on North Parade
see Halifax Memories 5 for article on Akroyd Place
Fearnaught off North Parade, on Akroyd Place, can be seen behind the shops in the photo below with Salem Methodists behind the mill
Part of Northgate running from left to right towards North Bridge.
The road running from centre of picture towards the top of picture was North Parade
The road to the bottom left of the picture was Foundry Street. At the top of here once stood 'The Foundry' beerhouse. This was granted a music and dancing license in 1868. It closed in 1905.
The small road running straight up from the bottom-centre of the picture was Grove Street and at the top of here was the Bridge Tavern at 84 Northgate (opened in 1822 and closed in 1940).
The next road along (next to the waste land) was Park Street which curved back round to Foundry Street.