Your second block of text...
Prescott Fountain was erected here at Ward's End, at the junction of 5 roads, in 1884 and stayed here for 14 years before being moved (to make room for tramlines) to a space outside 'The Feathers' in King Cross. The basin is made from granite from the quarries of Messrs Freeman at Falmouth and weighs 15 tons. The fountain was given by Mrs Leigh, in memory of her mother, and it bears the inscription:-
In Memory of
In this town. March 17th 1883.
Erected by her daughter.
It was the second fountain she had presented to the town. The other standing at the bottom of Horton Street, opposite the (Imperial) Crown Hotel.
Drinking fountain erected at Ward's End on 12th September 1884 in memory of Mrs Cyril Prescott by her daughter, Mrs Marian Leigh, who was a member of the Metropolitan Drinking Fountain & Cattle Trough Association. It replaced a stone horse trough which stood there previously.
This gives Fountain Street its name. The fountain was made of grey, Cornish granite, had four taps, two large troughs for horses, and four smaller troughs for dogs, and had a lamp on top.
In 1898, it was moved to King Cross to make way for the construction of the tramway. It stood outside the Feathers Inn until it was moved for road improvements
On 22nd August 1932, it was moved to Spring Edge, where it still stands today
From Calderdale Companion