Halifax Diary - February 7th
In 1974, the West Riding County Council announced that Elland by-pass was to start in the new year.
In 1967, the Halifax Conservative Association's new headquarters opened in Prescott Street.
In 1959, Hipperholme Grammar School opened its £18,000 extensions.
In 1846, there was a meeting of Halifax mill owners against Lord Ashleys 10 hour bill. Lord Ashley was wanting to shorten the hours from 12 hours to 10 hour shifts which mill owners were objecting to.