Hop Pole Inn (centre)
This was the headquarters of the Halifax Law Society from March 1928 and has many traditional associations with the legal profession. Built before 1730 on land adjoining Hill Top House, later known as the 'Nags Head', it's inhabitants have included names such as Hopwood, Alexander, Hamerton and Huntriss. It has also been a nest of antiquarians.
This became 'The Playhouse'