Historic Queens Road
Halifax St Paul's Coal Depot - general view of depot including track, wagons and buildings. The joint L&YR and GNR line opened in 1890 from a junction at Holmfield on the Halifax - Queensbury line up to a terminus station known as St Pauls on Parkinson Lane near King Cross. It closed to passengers in 1917 and thereafter was largely dedicated to coal traffic as seen here before closing fully in 1960. The north end of the station platform is just visible on the left beyond the goods wagons. Pennine Horizons
1898 Architect: J.F. Walsh
Published in The Building News, September 16 1898.
Continue to Historic Pellon
Return to Home Page