King Street - Cripplegate area

King Street - Cripplegate area

King Street 

Wool Merchant taken from Mulcture Hall Road

Turning 180 degrees and we see Stone Dam Mills taken from Mulcture Hall Road

Lower Kirkgate, 1825, by John Horner. This drawing, published in 1835, also shows old houses prior to their demolition in 1825, heralding a period of urban expansion in the second quarter of the 19th Century. One of the half timbered buildings in the foreground bears the sign 'Bradley - Gingerbread maker, wholesale and retail'. (photograph courtesy of Bankfield Museum)


Return To Parish Church

King St/

Cripplegate

Continue to Charlestown